Careers At Devaney Energy
At Devaney Energy, we’re proud to offer our customers a first-class experience by consistently finding new ways to meet and exceed their high expectations. And because of that, we are always on the search for employees who share that same mindset, passion, skill, and drive. We strive to create a culture that is positive, respectful and rewarding – where our employees feel both valued and valuable. We want our team to happily come to work, excited in knowing that they are part of a family and an integral part of something special.
Devaney Energy offers our employees exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, Vision and Dental, a 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, company holidays, tuition reimbursement, uniforms, fuel discounts & more.
Call us today, or upload your resume below, if you would like to apply to one of the open positions.
Open Positions - Click To Expand Description
Growing Newton-based Devaney Energy is seeking a positive, customer-centric Inside Sales Specialist. The successful candidate must have excellent customer service, communication, listening, problem-solving, time-management skills, and be a team player. We are a family-owned and operated energy company for over 85 years and delivering the highest level of service to our customers is at the center of our core values. The company offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401K plan, and growth opportunities.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Answer incoming calls from current customers (billing & service questions along with general questions and concerns) and prospects
- Perform customer service duties with an exceptional level of customer care and satisfaction, including escalated calls from frustrated customers
- Make outbound calls to targeted groups to acquire new customers and retain existing ones
- Update customer information in our database during each call
Required Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Communication: Superior communication skills; must be a good listener who can quickly establish rapport; must speak clearly and persuasively, convey empathy; be knowledgeable and provide a warm personality that shows over the phone
- Enjoy working with customers, and responding promptly to their needs; become a partner in resolving customer problems
- Inside Sales skills: Strong sales and negotiation skills needed
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Initiative: Take independent actions to achieve goals and complete tasks; find newer/more efficient ways of doing things
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude; must be team player
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, possess a high school diploma, and 2-5 years experience in a similar role. Fuel oil, propane, energy, heating/cooling industry experience preferred.