Careers At Devaney Energy
At Devaney Energy, we’re proud to offer our customers a first-class experience by consistently finding new ways to meet and exceed their high expectations. And because of that, we are always on the search for employees who share that same mindset, passion, skill, and drive. We strive to create a culture that is positive, respectful and rewarding – where our employees feel both valued and valuable. We want our team to happily come to work, excited in knowing that they are part of a family and an integral part of something special.
Devaney Energy offers our employees exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, Vision and Dental, a 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, company holidays, tuition reimbursement, uniforms, fuel discounts & more.
Call us today, or upload your resume below, if you would like to apply to one of the open positions.
Growing Newton-based Devaney Energy is seeking a positive, customer-centric Customer Acquisition and Retention Sales Specialist. The successful candidate must have excellent sales, communication, listening, problem-solving, time-management skills, and be a team player. We are a family-owned and operated energy company for over 85 years and delivering the highest level of service to our customers is at the center of our core values. The company offers a competitive salary, commissions, full benefits, 401K plan, and growth opportunities.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Answer inbound sales calls from prospective residential heating oil customers
- Handle escalated calls from frustrated customers with an exceptional level of customer care and satisfaction to retain customer
- Handle outbound communication (emails, calls, mailings) to acquire new customers
- Use CRM software to properly record and manage leads
- Work closely with and support the field sales team
- Perform market research to identify areas of growth
Required Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Strong sales skills; negotiating and closing deals
- Superior communication skills; must be a good listener who can quickly establish rapport; must speak clearly and persuasively, convey empathy; be knowledgeable and provide a warm personality that shows over the phone
- Enjoy working with customers and develop a high trust relationship
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Take initiative to achieve goals and complete tasks; find newer/more efficient ways of doing things
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude; must be team player
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word. Experience in CRMs is a plus.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, possess a high school diploma, and 2 – plus years of experience in a similar role. Fuel oil, propane, energy, heating/cooling industry experience preferred.